Kate Moss for British Vogue - September 2010 Cover


 Kate Moss' 30th cover for British Vogue.
Kate Moss for September 2010 British Vogue
It's her sixth September cover.
Previously, Kate's been on the September 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2009 issues of the magazine.
I think we all agree that she's a fashion icon through and through.
I love British Vogue and I know Kate's powerful prowess sells issues but come on...
I'm gonna be honest here. I look at that cover and there's no WOW factor. No element of surprise. It doesn't even spark my curiosity. In other words, it's the same old, same old, same old, same old... multiplied by a factor of thirty.
Yes, we'll most likely buy the magazine not because we see something exciting but because it's British Vogue and you have to get it to be informed.
I just think it's sad that we have to look elsewhere to get what we want from the magazines that we love...
Sometimes I wonder what the magazine industry would be like if everyone in present-day fashion publishing just vanished into thin air (all of them, the whole lot of them from top to bottom) and our favourite glossies got a clean slate...
With that being said, who wants to bet that Kate will be on the cover again on September 2011, September 2012, September 2014 and maybe September 2016?

0 comments: